birz

SCCM 2012 SP1, MDT 2012 Upd 1, Windows 7 x64 SP1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the right process to build&capture a Windows 7 x64 SP1 image and then create another client TS to deploy it to the "C" drive letter????

here is what I use and do:

• I have the MDT 2012 upd1 integration active in my console
  • I use Hyper-V to create the Reference image
  • I have created a MDT client task sequence
  • I use the Install.wim from the Windows 7 x64 SP1 ISO to build the Reference image in the TS.
  • I added a step to set the task sequence variable "DoCapture" to "Yes" just before the capture image step.
  • I modified the "format and partition disk 6.1" step to remove the creation of the BDEDrive, and only
  • Everything works fine, the image is successfully captured.
  • even when I log in to the reference image after the capture process is finiched I see the "C" drive labeled as "OSDisk" and no other drive. Which is perfect

• On my other Task sequence used to deploy the reference image.
  • I let all the format and partition steps the way they are automatically created with the MDT TS.

Everything works fine except the "OSDisk" ends up being on the "D" or "E" drive depending the bootmedia used.

I have tried to play with the TS variable "OSDPreserveDriveLetter'" True or False to no avail.

Any guideline or help would be appreciated.

I notice that your image says 2-2. Mine all say 1-1. I wonder if there is something in there that is taking the C drive letter. I would give what you mentioned a shot and then if it still doesn't work I would check the disk manager on the PC you imaged with your image and see if there is another partition on your local disk.

I finally got it to work :)

In my initial TS to build the reference image I removed the BDE partition creation and put a checkmark on "make this the boot partition" so now it only creates 1 partition for the "C" drive.

On my deploy TS I leave the BDE partition creation step, but I change the value of "OSDPreserveDriveLetter" to "TRUE"

it works fine for Windows 7 and Windwos 8 deployment. I'm happy now :)

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1