TedLarsen

The specified UNC path does not contain a valid WIM

Question

I'm having an issue creating an Operating System Image in SCCM 2012. When selecting a newly created .wim image from out distribution source, I am receiving this error:

UJVhGT2.jpg

This location is where we store all of our .wim OS images, and all the rest of them work fine from here, which leads me to believe it's not a permissions issue, but a "bad WIM" issue. I have attempted to recreate this .wim from a base .vhd mounted on my PC several times. I tried two different versions of imagex.exe (one from the old WAIK, and one from the new ADK) and neither one has worked. I even tried using that old GUI GIMAGEX tool, to no avail. Each time, the image says it's created successfully, but I'm unable to add it to SCCM.

It is a rather large base image; the .WIM file itself is over 51GB in size. Could this be the issue? Is there any way for me to determine what's "Invalid" about it?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet