pbalderos

OSD: Driver unavailable on via driver update

Question

Good day!

I have a small problem but I am sure its just because I am still learning about OSD and Task Sequence. Here is the issue:

I have an HP NC6400 orginally built for XP but have worked on Windows 7 (Well until it became time to re-image)

I have been able to find most of the missing drivers and test that they worked and cleared any errors out of device manager.

The only one I cant seem to find it ATI-Mobility Radeon X1300, how ever I was able to install it just by right clicking and updating the

driver then rebooting. Since my goal is to automate as much of the OSD process as possible I would like to have this step performed

in task sequnce (if possible). Is it possible to script this process or are any other options?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

3 answers to this question

It doesn't look like HP supplies a Win 7 driver for this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?cc=us&prodNameId=1847704&prodSeriesId=1847703&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#11360

You would have to find the driver and import it into SCCM, or create a package for it if you wanted the additional "features" ATI gives you. Maybe you can tell the PC to scan MS for hardware drivers somehow, but I don't know how to do it if so.

You would probably need to download the *wdm.exe file from AMD (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English), package it and then install it like a 'dirty driver install'

You might be able to run the .exe on the nc6400 and after it installs identify the .inf and the dependent files, then add those files to a directory, then import that driver into SCCM. You would probably want to leverage driver Categories for that to be cleaner.