cgrooms

SCCM 2012 SP1 Upgrade Error

Hello. I am attempting to run the testdbupgrade against a copy of my database and I am receiving the following error in ConfigMgrSetup.log

INFO: SQL Connection failed. Connection: hostname.domain, Type: Unsecure

*** [08001][14][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][shared Memory]Invalid connection.

ERROR: SQL Server error: [08001][14][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][shared Memory]Invalid connection.

*** [01000][14][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).

ERROR: SQL Server error: [01000][14][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).

*** Failed to connect to the SQL Server.

I have verified that all the accounts are in place. I am a local administrator on the computer and a sysadmin in the database. The correct TCP/IP port is in place, named pipes is enabled and the port is not in use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

have you followed my advice in Step 6 here ? are you an SQL sysadmin on the server you are attempting to run this on ?

On the TEST SQL server login as a user who has sysadmin permissions on that SQL server (I granted the smsadmin user both local administrator permissions and sysadmin permissions on this SQL Server). In the start menu locate SQL Server Management Studio, right click and choose Run as Administrator otherwise you'll get read-only errors when trying to attach the database