SpinnZ

Windows 8 - 1st logon, Black screen and empty task bar

Question

Hi all,

Weird issue occured today where any user logs on for the 1st time. They get a black screen and an empty task bar like in the attached pic.

Exactly like when explorer.exe doesnt start. All i need to do is hit the windows key and all is good again.

But i dont want to have every user need to do this for the 1st time. Could cause all sorts of help desk issues.

I have updated video drivers, with no luck, gone back to native video drivers, nothing and also disabled everything on startup and nothing.

Has anyone experienced this before??

I really dont want to have to do a re-capture of the image especially ifi dont know if it will fix it.

Thanks

2z8nfy8.jpg

1 answer to this question

BUMP: This error is still occuring.

Initially i thought i fixed the issue by removing adobe reader and changing it to a mandatory installation upon 1st logon.

Rebuilding machines now, the above image is still occuring upon 1st logon, for each new account creation.

I really have no idea, logs are giving me nothing obvious.

Hitting the windows key still fixes the issue, though this is not a solution.

• Like 1