Delita

Lare scale client install monitor

Very new to SCCM, let alone SCCM 2012. I am assisting in a migration from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012, and a query was run to find a collection of machines that do not have the SCCM 2012 agent. Next an "install Client" command was run against the collection, and I can see in the ccm.log the installation of the agent running against many machines.

Overall there is about 20k machines the client is being installed on. Is their a way to see the progress? When re-running the machines without agents query, it just shows up to 10k machines, so not sure how many out of the 20K have been completed already, or if there is an issue with a few hundred here or there.

When looking in the console at Monitoring > Overview > Client Status > Client Activity, I can see more machines as "active" but I am not sure if it is reflecting the 2012 agents only.

Appreciate any help, sorry for the basic question, but I have had trouble finding the answer in forums and via google searches.

Very new to SCCM, let alone SCCM 2012. I am assisting in a migration from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012, and a query was run to find a collection of machines that do not have the SCCM 2012 agent. Next an "install Client" command was run against the collection, and I can see in the ccm.log the installation of the agent running against many machines.

Overall there is about 20k machines the client is being installed on. Is their a way to see the progress? When re-running the machines without agents query, it just shows up to 10k machines, so not sure how many out of the 20K have been completed already, or if there is an issue with a few hundred here or there.

When looking in the console at Monitoring > Overview > Client Status > Client Activity, I can see more machines as "active" but I am not sure if it is reflecting the 2012 agents only.

Appreciate any help, sorry for the basic question, but I have had trouble finding the answer in forums and via google searches.

Looks like this is the correct way, also there is a canned query to check for machines without clients, and for machines that have clients that are not 2012.

Hope this helps somebody else.