tylerrayburn

Problems Installing Programs During OSD

Question

We want to install our core programs during the OSD task sequence. Everything works fine with loading applying the Windows .wim image, detecting the hardware and installing the correct driver package. However, whenever I try to install a package, either nothing happens and the machine boots to the Windows login screen, or I get an 0x00000032 error. I've attached logs, as well as a screencap of how my task sequence is laid out.

I'm really hoping to get this issue squared away so that I can really get moving on efficiently imaging all of our machines. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

post-15823-0-20072500-1363878790_thumb.png

smsts.log

smsts-20130314-101623.log

7 answers to this question

you need to install applications AFTER the setup windows and configmgr step, and you also have a problem with your network drivers see

Error. Received 0x80072ee7 from WinHttpSendRequest.]LOG]!><time="10:21:19.291+360" date="03-14-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1876" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:8887">
<![LOG[unknown host (gethostbyname failed)]LOG]!><time="10:21:19.291+360" date="03-14-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="3" thread="1876" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:697">

verify the computer actually has an ip and can ping the FQDN of the management point

I can ping the MP all throughout the WinPE portions of the task sequence, and once the task sequence completes. The Ethernet driver seems to be installed fine in Windows 7. Moving the package install step to after the configmgr setup step just resulted in the machine booting to the Windows logon screen, with no application install. What else do you think I can look at or try?

<![LOG[Process completed with exit code 1]LOG]!><time="12:59:44.243+360" date="03-21-2013" component="OSDSetupHook" context="" type="1" thread="2052" file="commandline.cpp:1123">

<![LOG[Client installation failed, code 1]LOG]!><time="12:59:44.258+360" date="03-21-2013" component="OSDSetupHook" context="" type="3" thread="2052" file="installclient.cpp:1151">

check your ccmsetup.log and client.msi.log files to see why it failed, nothing will work when the client is not installing correctly

Here are those logs. Does the machine need to join to the domain during the Apply Network Settings step in order to access and install the client properly?

No it can be on WORKGROUP (specifying valid properties) so this should not matter.

Have you created the client from Definition and distributed to the DP(s)?

Have you tried installing the client manually to see if it installs properly.

If using client push have you verified that the account has local admin rights on the client machines.