BrentL

Multiple Windows Boot Manager entries under UEFI Section

So I have been building images for Windows 8 using SCCM. I am noticing that after I image it a few times during testing I am getting multiple Windows Boot manager entries in the "Bios" How do I get rid of these and what is causing so many to be created? Here is a picture of them on a Surface device.

post-19645-0-29829600-1364064851_thumb.jpg

those are not BIOS options they are BCD options, To remove a boot entry option, use the BCDEdit /deletevalue command, more info http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff542202(v=vs.85).aspx

how are you imaging your Surface Pro ?

Thanks for the info, now I need to figure out to keep my task sequence from creating a new one each time run it or at least delete it during the task sequence. I am using a usb hub, and a usb network dongle from Lenovo. The usb is a task sequence media disk. Works great. I am using SCCM 2012 w sp1 and mdt integration. Using MDT task sequence.

Hadn't seen that but, it is basically what I am doing however I am not using the raw source media but rather a captured wim. I build my Wim using HyperV machines. And just to clarify I do not see multiple entries unless I reimage the machine multiple times.. I am also using the Create MDT Task Sequence. I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.

I am having the same issue. Building through MDT as a new computer, the task sequence does the format and partition disk stage but looking at diskpart after building, there are still 4 partitions remaining:

- Recovery 300mb

- System 499mb

- Reserved 128mb

- Primary 58gb

Could this have something to do with it?

I am having the same issue. Building through MDT as a new computer, the task sequence does the format and partition disk stage but looking at diskpart after building, there are still 4 partitions remaining:

- Recovery 300mb

- System 499mb

- Reserved 128mb

- Primary 58gb

Could this have something to do with it?

No that is because you are installing an UEFI deviece and the GPT partitions the disk that way, so its different compared to the old MBR.

In my case I fixed it by recovering boot sequence (bootrec /FixMBR /FixBoot /RebuildBCD in Command line from Troubleshoot -> Advanced boot options) and then remembering BIOS settings and then resetting  them to default, switching needed ones back and then booting from my system drive. This problem was not bcdeedit related at all because it showed only 2 proper records (only bcdedit /enum firmware showed the full list). Sorry for necro-posting, maybe it'll help someone too.