patchm00

SCCM 2012 - want to send deployment not using BITS

Hello, I have really gotten a lot of information from this forum in SCCM 2007 and now 2012 and thanks to all that contribute here for that.

One problem we have and I can't seem to figure out is how to deploy an application to one (or multiple) client(s) without using BITS. We have a WSUS server and GPO that allows only 56kbps during work hours. However, there are times we like to deploy software to one user at full speed. With SCCM 2007, we were able to do that using a deployment point that did not have BITS installed, however in 2012 it seems we can't do it. When we install a DP it automatically is using BITS and can't get around our GPO (without moving computers into an OU that is blocking that policy which would be too tedious obviously). Do you know any workarounds?

So, basically, we need to keep the 56kbps during work hours GPO for our current WSUS server (not part of SCCM, not even the same department), AND be able to install onesies such as Adobe Acrobat using SCCM 2012 but go full throttle. As I stated, in SCCM 2007 we are able to do that using DP's without BITS and if we needed to do a full agency deployment, we would use our main CM server which did use BITS.

SCCM 2012 SP1

thanks