rob343

Specific Software updates

I have a requirement from one of our business areas to patch the machines with a very specific list of windows updates provides by a third party in a csv (list of KB’s) at the moment I am manual searching for these and adding them one by one to the software update group which as you can imagine is very long winded. can anybody think of a way I can automate this ??

thanks

Rob

I hope you have a WSUS server which has got all the updates till date. Create an update list with the updates you want and deploy that update list to the collection of machines where its required.

You may have to create a collection where the updates are required to be specific that those machines recieve the updates

all the above i am doing already but manually cherry picking updates individually for a list provided to me. in an ideal word there would be an import feature where i could generate the list from a text file of csv.