AhmedElfa

Does SCCM 2012 support .iso as Operating System Installers

I'm trying to deploy a Win7 by PXE as a new installation (no capturing, no wim). I've copied the content of the win7's DVD onto my distribution point, then added it on "Operating System Installers" (as a folder). I added the sources\install.wim on "Operating System Images". I made many tasks to test this but even if I used various types of configs, I have the Error code 0x80070002.

I know that I've got something wrong, my first question is " does SCCM 2012 " support .iso files directly or I must go for .wim

I'll be thankful for your answers.

Hello,

Actually I'm working on VMWare ESXi 5.1. I looked in the actual forums on how to capture smsts.log (unsuccessful installation client side), it says that I can access cmd on Windows PE by taping F8 then copy the log from x:\windows\.. (easy stuff), the F8 trick didn't work.

Hi,

I found how to get the smsts.log and got the error, now my installation goes fine.
the problem was on the permissions on the folder containing the OS install.wim, I had it as Administrator of the server, I created a new user and gave it the required permissions on the folder. Everything went fine :D.

PS : I found this website very very helpful.