oliverv

Office 2010 Application Task Sequence Caching?

Question

I am deploying Office 2010 as an msi deployment in SCCM 2012 and it all seemed to be working well both requesting it through the application catalogue, and deploying as part of a task sequence. The source of the deployment is a network share.

I wanted to make change to the Office customisation, so I placed a new msp file in the Updates folder on the network share and renamed the old one to change the extension so it wont be picked up.

I am now in a weird state where if I request Office through the catalogue I get the new msp file with the changes to the configuration, but when I install it as part of a task sequence it is still including the old msp file.

Do the application files get cached when deployed through a task sequence? Im assuming I need to update the distribution point but I am having trouble working out where. I think I have done the obvious places so any help would be much appreciated. I have looked through the smsts logs but not found anything very useful to me.

Apologies if I have missed anything obvious, I'm still learning my way around SCCM. Thanks in advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet