anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 12. Connecting PowerShell and Building a reference image of Windows 8 with .Net 3.5

Update 2:

Is it me not installing it right ? or Does it (SCCM 2012) require certain magic before it will work?

After my last update, I was able to import all OS images. (Windows 7 and 8)

However, Build and Capture failed to work. (It was working before.)

Therefore I then try to check the report and see what exactly went wrong. Only then discovered Reports weren't working either!!

The installation sequence for this trial was SCCM 2012 SP1 -> CU1 -> CU2 -> Configure bounndaries -> following the guide until build and capture and then somewhere around here I added the reporting role.

After finding this annoying issue, I revert everything back again and install it with the following sequence.

SCCM 2012 SP1 -> Install reporting, catalog roles, test reporting working, reboot > CU1, reboot, test reporting working > CU2, reboot, test reporting ,working again >

I will go ahead and follow the guide again. am I the only person who is experiencing this issue??

My environment is Vmware ESXi 5.1 with Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 SQL

====================================================================================

I just test it again and it's showing that same error message for all wim files!!!

All possible location I can try, local, network, and all......

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong which killed it?! :(:(:(:( :(

This is really odd. I'm rebuilding the whole server again!

Update:

It's working again after I rebuilt the server. However, I am not importing Windows 8 Pro image this time.

I have no idea what's the cause of this issue though.

Hi everybody !

Niall, I'm a huge fan of your work !

Even if I visit this website frequently,this is the first time a post a comment.

I read a lot of your tutorials and I think this is the best place to ask my "expected" question.

Let me explain my issue:

I realized a "Build and Capture" task sequence for Windows 8 on a SCCM 2012 SP1.

• The DotNet 3.5 Feature is implemented as indicated.
  • The Software Updates works perfectly (Network Account setted, ConfigManager client configured with SMSMP=blabla.fqdn and SMSCACHESIZE=10240)
  • I don't use pxe but a boot media.
  • I use a static IP which is configured onto the "Apply Network Settings" Task Sequence.
  • Vmware Virtual Machine (1Go Memory / 30 Go HDD)

Everythink works perfectly 'till I add an Application (Office 2013).

I receive the famous 80004005 error.

When I disabled this step, I don't have any issue and I'm able to finish the capture.

You wrote on your tutorial :

if your applications don't install check the Deployment Type(s) associated with the applications and make sure that any conditions you've set in there are not stopping the deployment of that application, the SMSTS.log file will help you with any problems here.

• I checked any conditions and the first mistake I've done was concerning the necessary disk space available.
    • For information, if it doesn't respect this condition, the product is not installed but the Task sequence continues to work even if the
      "If an application fails, continue..." combo box is checked and the "Continue on error" is unchecked. So, the capture was done but without Office :rolleyes:
  • I tryed with another "smaller" application.
  • I even try not to put any condition.

I still meet the same issue.

Before I post my smsts.log, Could you tell me if a missed something ?

Thank,

Frederic.

Update:

I'm trying to follow this topic: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6061-change-sms-cache-size/

• Like 1

Niall, I'm a huge fan of your work !

thanks !

• I even try not to put any condition.

I still meet the same issue.

please post the smsts.log including the failure that's the best thing at this point

Hey,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I'm trying to add a new task in order to change the SCCM Cache size following this topic http://www.windows-n...sms-cache-size/
Just have to wait 'ill its finish

Here is a 'Light version' of my TS.

B&C.bmp

smsts.log

I can see some:

CAppMgmtSDK::GetEvaluationState ScopeId_D191CFE2-D57B-42EB-BCBB-F1A23D0E2606/RequiredApplication_7936e7d9-ad59-4159-9abf-5d9f29f6ae86.29 = EnforcementFailed

But i don't understand them.

here's the failure

<![LOG[install application action failed: 'Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013'. Error Code 0x80004005]LOG]!><time="12:25:27.039-120" date="09-11-2013" component="InstallApplication" context="" type="3" thread="2176" file="installapplication.cpp:798">
<![LOG[sending error status message]LOG]!><time="12:25:27.039-120" date="09-11-2013" component="InstallApplication" context="" type="1" thread="2176" file="installapplication.cpp:802">

so what does your Office 2013 log file tell you ?

Great !!!

The office log tells me that I don't have enought space in my C drive.

There's a lot of Language packs integrated in it. It must explain the size.

I'll update the Hardrive size and try again.

Thank you very much for your help.

post-21387-0-87894000-1378991230_thumb.png

post-21387-0-87894000-1378991230_thumb.png