TrickStar84

Migrate SCCM 2012 from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012.

Hello,

I have SCCM 2012 installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.

Now our company is buying some HP ElitePad 900 provided with Windows 8 x32.

Unfortunately i can't PXE boot with these devices because SCCM 2012 on a 2008 R2 server doesn't support UEFI x86 from what i heard.

If anybody has any suggestions on how i still might be able to accomplished this then please tell me.

Anyway the only solution there seems to be is migration to a Windows Server 2012 where it is supported.

My question what is the best way too do this?

Thanks

Hello!

Windows 7 and Vista ect does not support UEFI under x86 so it does not really matter what OS you are running on the server.

Have you created a new Task Sequence with the UEFI format option? and have you enabled UEFI pxe-boot on the device in the bios?

@TrickStar, I'm in exactly the same boat as you and can't find a way to PXE boot UEFI. I've done an in place upgrade from windows server 2008 to server 2012 but PXE boot still doesn't work with UEFI clients. Booting from UEFI media (USB Flash Drive) is working fine. I may need to install a fresh Windows 2012 server to see if that changes anything.

@GarthMJ i was afraid i had to do that. Does that also mean that the new Server 2012 needs the same FQDN.

@ithelpme I'm kinda surprised that even that didn't work. Did you install CU1? anyhow keep me up to date how your process goes.

Yes, CU1 is installed.