MeMyselfAndI

SCCM 2012 SP1: Enable Bitlocker TPM and PIN step with BDEPin variable

In SCCM 2012 SP1, there's the new option "TPM and PIN" in the Enable Bitlocker step.

I am required to provide a pin code after this option, but I want to use the variable BDEPin for the pin code, and not the static pin which I provided in the step.

Is this possible?

Bitlocker.jpg

For those who wonder how I fixed this after all...

I downloaded a tool from codeplex, which gives me a window at the end of the task sequence, so the helpdesk agents can put in the pin code manually.

http://blpintool.codeplex.com/downloads/get/369502

The run command line command:

%ToolRoot%\ServiceUI.exe -process:tsprogressui.exe %ScriptRoot%\Set_Bitlocker_PIN_en.exe

thanks for sharing the resolution, what happened when you inserted a variable as a matter of interest (I havn't tried it)

I wasn't allowed to insert a variable, only numbers.

At the end, I discovered the variable OSDBitLockerPIN, which is used by the default SCCM "Enable Bitlocker" step.

When this variable is set, it overwrites the pin which is set in the 'Enable Bitlocker' step.

• Like 1