Jump to content


joe.crowe

Cumulative Update 1 for Sp1 2012 Client Version reflecting in Console

Recommended Posts

Hello all, two quick questions:

 

I've upgrade to CU1 (version 1202) and have two questions.

 

1. Console not showing the correctly installed version: I have only 45 devices that show in the console with version 5.00.7804.1202. I know that many more have this version and can confirm by looking on a given device and seeing the version in the control panel. Is there an action that will update this?

 

2. I have the right-click client install (push) still pushing 5.00.7804.1000 with the 1202 version coming in after as an update. How can I update the source for the push update accordingly?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi

 

I've seen this too, must be a bug. You can create a query for a collection to detect which machines has version 5.00.7804.1202 (or not):

 

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SMS_ADVANCED_CLIENT_STATE on SMS_G_System_SMS_ADVANCED_CLIENT_STATE.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SMS_ADVANCED_CLIENT_STATE.Version = "5.00.7804.1202"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing the same issue with the CU1 update to SCCM 2012 R2. I pushed out the CU1 update to a small number of clients last week, and only 1 of them is reporting back with "5.00.7958.1203" in the console. The others are still reporting to be at base R2 level (5.00.7958.1000.) I have manually checked the clients in question, and they ARE updated with the latest client; it's just not showing as updated in the SCCM console.

Are other people seeing this behavior? About how long should it take for the SCCM console to get updated, when clients get a new version? Is this a known bug?

 

Thanks in advance for any input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to report that 75% of the clients that were updated to 5.00.7958.1203 are now reporting that version correctly in the SCCM 2012 R2 console. It seems to have taken approximately 4-5 days for the new client version to report back in. I'm going to assume that the remaining 25% of the clients will also report their version correctly as more time passes.

 

I guess I need to remind myself that with SCCM, patience is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...