pnyce24

Stop SCCM 2012 from publishing to Active Directory

If want to prevent prohibit ConfigMgr 2012 from publishing to Active Directory, can I just stop publishing to the active domain within the site server settings?

the easiest way is to remove the computer account of that Configuration Manager site server in the security permissions of the System Management container in AD

Thank Niall,

I ended up just unchecking the active domain for the primary site server settings. However, if I do that will that remove the computer account of CM site server from the system managment container? I'm asking because when I went to the system Management container in AD my computer account of the SCCM 2012 primary site server was no longer there.... Strange I know.

Nope, it's also not about the computer being in the System Management container. What Niall was trying to say, is that you can remove the security permissions of the computer account from the System Management container. This way it just doesn't have any rights anymore to write information in that container.

Yeah, I understood what he was saying but I was just asking because for some reason after unchecking my domain within my publshing properties, I didn't my 2012 primary site server within system managerment anymore. I still see all my 2007 site servers but not my 2012 site server....