brink668

Find what Collections a computer is apart of?

Replace 'ES-06' with @PC

This will create a prompt for the report. If you want to make it fancy you can then add a drop down or browse list for the PC name.

The easiest way to convert your CM07 to CM12 report is to make sure that you have already converted them from ASP to SSRS then you can upload the same converted reports to CM12. Other than that, I your recommend rebuilding them and filtering out all the old junky reports.

• Like 1

Replace 'ES-06' with @PC

This will create a prompt for the report. If you want to make it fancy you can then add a drop down or browse list for the PC name.

The easiest way to convert your CM07 to CM12 report is to make sure that you have already converted them from ASP to SSRS then you can upload the same converted reports to CM12. Other than that, I your recommend rebuilding them and filtering out all the old junky reports.

I'm wanting to create this report and let server owners search for their servers so they know what time their servers get patched. (Should they know this already? That's for another thread...) What do I need to put in my parameter to create that drop down menu so they can search? The query works great, I'm just not so great with Report Builder yet. Thanks!

The query works great, I'm just not so great with Report Builder yet. Thanks!

If you are looking to get better writing reports, first I will tell you to stop using Report Builder and use SQL Server Data tools (SSDT) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) instead.

If you will be at MMS next week there are several presentation on writing reports.

Lastly, if you are looking for a book on the subject then I would look at this one. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0672337789

• Thanks 1