brink668

Find what Collections a computer is apart of?

How can you quickly figure out what collections are associated with a Computer?

I am trying to figure out what policies are being given higher priority by viewing what collections they are associated with.

Does anyone know how to find this information?

I really had the Same Q , but i didnt get something Useful , Hope we can get an answer to this :))))

Again, you can use the right-click tools to achieve this. One of the functions of these tools is computer collection association! Once requested it will show you all the collections the computer is associated with.

Yes and is totally fine to use in conjunction with SCCM.........saves me a lot of time and effort.. especially when forcing clients to pull policies....just do the full collection in one click!

Yes this is true..but from what I'v tested so far rightclick tools is more responsive and has alot more functionality other than policy force and computer collection association.

You can run a query to get this info.

select 
	C.CollectionID,
	C.Name,
	C.Comment
from 
	dbo.v_Collection C
	join dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership FCM on C.CollectionID = FCM.CollectionID
Where
	FCM.Name = 'ES-06'
  • Like 1

@ Garth,

Will this Query Get me All Collections that the Computer is member of it ?

Garth,

How can I modify the 'ES-06' to a prompt for a machine name?

Also do you have any good links on converting my 2007 reports to the 2012 ssrs format?

Thanks in advance

Replace 'ES-06' with @PC

This will create a prompt for the report. If you want to make it fancy you can then add a drop down or browse list for the PC name.

The easiest way to convert your CM07 to CM12 report is to make sure that you have already converted them from ASP to SSRS then you can upload the same converted reports to CM12. Other than that, I your recommend rebuilding them and filtering out all the old junky reports.

• Like 1

Yes this can be done as a report but without anymore details on what and how you are doing things.

Replace 'ES-06' with @PC

This will create a prompt for the report. If you want to make it fancy you can then add a drop down or browse list for the PC name.

The easiest way to convert your CM07 to CM12 report is to make sure that you have already converted them from ASP to SSRS then you can upload the same converted reports to CM12. Other than that, I your recommend rebuilding them and filtering out all the old junky reports.

I'm wanting to create this report and let server owners search for their servers so they know what time their servers get patched. (Should they know this already? That's for another thread...) What do I need to put in my parameter to create that drop down menu so they can search? The query works great, I'm just not so great with Report Builder yet. Thanks!

The query works great, I'm just not so great with Report Builder yet. Thanks!

If you are looking to get better writing reports, first I will tell you to stop using Report Builder and use SQL Server Data tools (SSDT) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) instead.

If you will be at MMS next week there are several presentation on writing reports.

Lastly, if you are looking for a book on the subject then I would look at this one. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0672337789

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2013 at 3:21 PM, GarthMJ said:

You can run a query to get this info.

select 
	C.CollectionID,
	C.Name,
	C.Comment
from 
	dbo.v_Collection C
	join dbo.v_FullCollectionMembership FCM on C.CollectionID = FCM.CollectionID
Where
	FCM.Name = 'ES-06'

Do you happen to know how to make this work as a "query" in console so that it prompts the computer name when run? 

First off this is not easy to do in the console.

Secondly why would you do it in the console?

On 5/8/2016 at 0:29 PM, GarthMJ said:

If you are looking to get better writing reports, first I will tell you to stop using Report Builder and use SQL Server Data tools (SSDT) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) instead.

If you will be at MMS next week there are several presentation on writing reports.

Lastly, if you are looking for a book on the subject then I would look at this one. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0672337789

What would you know about repor---

*sees it's Garth Jones replying, fangirling begins*

THANKS!

I'm always around to answer questions but I'm a bit busy with MS Ignite stuff...  If you are at Ignite, feel free to stop by the booth 1246 or if you are going to IT/Dev in Oct, say stop me and say Hi.