julder

unable to read task sequence configuration disk on SCCM 2012 sp1

Hi everybody !!!

I hope that someone could help me !!!!!!

Here my Problem !

I'm working on Vmware workstation 9.

I'm working on SCCM 2012 SP1 and i want to migrate windows xp sp3 32 bits to windows 7 sp1 64 bits.

I create an mdt task sequence and i deploy it.

Windows xp receive the task sequence and i begin to install the new OS

When it reboot, i've this error message "unable to read task sequence configuration disk, For more information, please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator.

I don't use a boot media (problem with usb 3.0)

I put drivers in boot image and distribued it

Have you got an idea?

Thanks for your help

have you tried running diskpart on the hard disc on your virtual machine to create a partition ?

which version of MDT are you using ? MDT 2012update 1 has logic in it to determine if the disk is not partitioned...

Sorry, i've no smsts.log for you, when i try to install via task sequence, it reboot, i've the error message and after my XP is broken so i can't give this log. I make a snapshot to begin again.

When i do F12 it doesn't find the os, is it a problem of network driver (i put in my boot image)

thanks

Sorry i can boot with f12 it was my fault, when i try with f12 there is a message " prepare network connection" and it reboot after

When i try with a windows 7 computer it works perfectly so it's a problem with windows xp, network driver maybe

I am getting this same error. I made the mistake of starting the image capture in windows using just the mounted ISO, and now im stuck where every time I reboot the machine, it just loads the SCCM PE capture and fails. how do I get back to just regular windows boot?