shawnyuen

Deploy a application for a permanent basis?

Hi all,

Would like to hear from the experts here. How do you deal with the above request for their environment?

Background:

Our environment has this shortcut key to be deployed to the users' profile desktop which is easy, I just create a application package with the shortcut in it copy and paste it over to all users' desktop profile.

However the tricky part now is that now my boss wants it to deploy this shortcut on a permanent basis, meaning to say once the agent detects the shortcut is missing from the user's desktop it will push over again.

Last time in SCCM 2007, what I do is that I set it to a long advertisement expiry date. In the new SCCM 2012, it is not possible to do that with application deployment. However I do know is that I can create a baseline to check, however it does not auto remediate which my customer want.

Any of our members here have other work around?

All suggestions are welcomed. :)

I can think of a few different ways of doing this. You could have a collection that contains every PC that doesn't have that file on it and deploy the app to that collection. You could also use the Compliance settings and use PowerShell scripts to detect and remediate if it isn't there. I'm not sure which option will remediate the issue the fastest and how fast you need it fixed. If they don't have local admin rights I don't believe you could delete it to begin with.

• Like 1