quesse

Software Center Error (0x80041001)

New SCCM 2012 install. Mostly using the guides here. Standalone Windows 2008R2 server.

Some of my workstations are not able to connect to the Software Center. They all get an error:

"Software Center cannot get the current status for some of the software.....

Loading Software Center returned error code 0x80041001 (-2147217407)"

The workstations are newly imaged with Windows 7 x64 using the Build and Capture / Deploy method in the Guides. The client is installed and operating normally (as far as remote control etc is conerned) I'm getting the error at the point in the guide where I'm trying to make Firefox available via the Software Center.

The workstation connects to the application catalog but it is empty.

I'm looking for tips on where/how to start troubleshooting this.

I'm not sure why but the issue was that the SCCM Client was not installed correctly (automatically) during the deployment process.

I had to manually uninstall the client and then it reinstalled according to my domain policies.

Now it is working.

Have to figure out why the client install bombs during Deployment - just following the guide, nothing fancy or extra.

I'm not sure why but the issue was that the SCCM Client was not installed correctly (automatically) during the deployment process.

Did anybody found out already why it's getting installed wrongly?

I'm having the same problem at the moment it's pretty annoying to go to acces pc's and run the c:\windows\ccm\ccmrepair.exe in cmd.

bump

same here with SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 (5.0.8239.1403) server and Windows 7 SP1 x64 clients.

No errors reported during the OSD stage though and ccmrepair.exe does the trick.

Could it be that you've done some tuning of the golden image (like disabling unnecessary services) because I have a blank Windows 7 image from last year and it works without any issues.

Hello,

This is due to the SMS agent host is set to delayed start by default.

If you wait for couple of mins and reopne the Software Centre it should load the apps list fine.

Cheers,

VvK

Edited by VvK