james.mcdonald2899

Error running smswwwroot.vbs script

Question

My reporting point just stopped working all of the sudden. I have had a reporting point for about 2-3 years on this site server and have used it multiple times without any problem. I went to run a report and received the "HTTP Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

Module IsapiModule Notification ExecuteRequestHandler Handler ASPClassic Error Code 0x800700aa

Requested URL http://<siteserver>/<reporting_point>/reports.asp Physical Path c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SMSReporting_KS1\reports.asp Logon Method NTLM Logon User NG\svc.sccm.ngks Failed Request Tracing Log Directory C:\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles

I took a look at other websites i have in IIS, but they are working fine. It looked like it was localized to just my reporting point, I I tried deinstalling it. That was when I noticed this error in the rsetup.log:

Initialize variables.
Deinstallation beginning
IIS is installed.
Start web services.
Configuring Registry.
Executing: ReportingInstall /s /m=C:\PROGRA~2\MIE096~1\bin\i386\rep.val /deinstall
ReportingInstall.exe returned 0
Cannot remove the Reporting registry key - Still in use.
Finished

After I noticed that problem, I went ahead and tried to re-install the reporting point. It looked like it worked judging by the same log:

Initialize variables.
IIS is installed.
Start web services.
Configuring Registry.
Executing: ReportingInstall /s /m=C:\PROGRA~2\MIE096~1\bin\i386\rep.val
ReportingInstall.exe returned 0
Finished

So I tried to run a report again and still got the 500 error. I tried deinstalling it again, but saw the same "Cannot remove the Reporting registry key - Still in use." entry in the log. So I went to the SMSReportingInstall.LOG and saw this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin Install CMDLINE=/s /m=C:\PROGRA~2\MIE096~1\bin\i386\rep.val /deinstall
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Begin Install CMDLINE=/s /m=C:\PROGRA~2\MIE096~1\bin\i386\rep.val

I have tried re-registering vbscript, but that did not resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 answer to this question