tylerrayburn

No longer able to install Updates and Applications during MDT TS

Question

A week or so ago I had an MDT task sequence successfully capture a golden image of Windows 7 & Office 2013, and install Windows updates. I was then able to setup another MDT task sequence that deployed this image, install any new Windows updates, and install 4 applications. I was stoked!

Then last Monday, after adding a few more applications to the task sequence, I started getting errors, Windows updates weren’t installing, and none of the applications would not install. The Install Software Updates and Install Application steps are all set to continue on failure, so the TS completes and boots into Windows, but none of the applications or additional Updates are installed.

Out of curiosity, I tried to build and capture a new image, but now even that won't install updates or Office. All of my applications are installing to existing clients okay, but anything involving an OS task sequence is not happening. During the Install Updates step of the TS, it shows that it's downloading 1/35/53/76 updates of 110, but runs right through all of them and stays at 0%. So it's able to see all of the available updates, just doesn't actually install any of them.

Attached is the smsts log. I'm really wanting some help because it WAS working and I WAS excited! I'll answer any questions I can needed to get this fixed.

smsts-20130502-132015.log

1 answer to this question

Pulling the log I see this error on all of the Windows Updates: Update with CIID Site_155527EC-57CB-4ECB-91FF-5E3A56A2C767/SUM_071adfe6-d0ac-4600-a7b0-45d90c648bdd failed with hr = 0x80070005

I think that's an Access Denied error, but from what I can tell all of the required folders have allowed the NAA account access.

Any thoughts?