jfdensmore

Windows 7 on UEFI Via OSD?

Question

I'm fairly new to the SCCM Scene, we just received our latest PC upgrades and they all came with UEFI so i was hoping to push our company ahead a bit and take advantage of some of the UEFI benefits. So i need to know Can SCCM 2012 Image a machine that uses UEFI With windows 7? and if it can is there a tutorial for what is different, or what added processes are required? Thanks in advance for any help!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

Yes you can deploy Windows 7 on UEFI computer using SCCM 2012 sp1 as long as the computer model has drivers and support for Windows 7 in UEFI, whihc is no the case for instance for the Latitude 10 or HP elitepad 900.

Basically the difference is in the Disk partitioning step, Nialls guide is still valid for Windows 7 as well http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6250-how-can-i-deploy-windows-8-in-uefi-mode-using-configuration-manager-2012/

Regards,
Jörgen