Trub

SMS State Migration Point Message ID 1104 - Stopped unexpectedly

Greetings,

Wonderfully helpful forum, I'm learning a ton reading through all the post, thank you for creating this site!

I'm having a problem with a site server starting the State Migration Point component. I have a primary site server and 2 site servers that should be configured exactly the same. One site server doesn't have any problems with the SMP component starting but the other one does.

post-18384-0-37756300-1368028915_thumb.png

In the SMPMGR.log file I see;

HandleSMPRegistryChanges failed. error (0x80070002). $$<SMS_STATE_MIGRATION_POINT><05-08-2013 10:24:30.338+300><thread=1484 (0x5CC)>
SMPManager failed to start, Error = (0x80070002). $$<SMS_STATE_MIGRATION_POINT><05-08-2013 10:24:30.338+300><thread=1484 (0x5CC)>

I've searched for those two error messages but haven't been able to find anything related to my problem.

TIA!

This has been resolved.

The problem was with the share permissions for the migration data folder. I removed the role from the site, waited a few minutes and re-added the role. It was then able to create the SMPSTOREC_XXXXXXXX$ share inside of the specified folder. I also started using the cmtrace.exe tool that highlights the error messages in the log files. It can be found \Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Tools directory.