ysleong

Slow download of the WinPE boot image via TFTP

Question

Last 2 days I found out very slow to download the WinPE WIM image, the screen shows 'Windows is loading files ...' and it took around 20 minutes to load the 167mb WIM file over a 100mb link. This is very abnormal as we never encounter this problem before. Previously the wim load is under 1 minute. I have tried to Reinstalling WDS and The PXE service point but seem is no different as the WIM load still incredibly slow. Already try with adding RamDiskTFTPBlockSize (Dword) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\Microsoft\SMS\PXE (Enter 16384 as decimal), the result still same.

We are using the SCCM 2007 R3 and the server was configured in virtual machine.Very appreciate if someone can give some idea on how to solve this issue.

post-12216-0-86368800-1368064913_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I see this behaviour anytime we deploy as little as 2 machines simultaneously that are both at some phase of a task sequence. Subsequently if we try to boot an additional machine via pxe i see the exact same issue as you have posted anove intol the load from the pror two Machines subsides. You may have another service generating traffic thats flooding your lan

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We only have one pxe server on our environment which is SCCM server act as a pxe server. Should be no have any other service generating the high traffic. But once the loading into the task sequence, the formatting,window image and software installation all is loading faster. Now only the problem slow during download the WInpe boot WIM. Seem look like very weird.