vincelewin

PXE Boot fails after SP1 Upgrade

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

A couple of weeks ago I installed SP1 on SCCM2012 and ever since my WDS solution is broken.

My setup is

Primary server : SCCORE01,

Secondary server: SCNEW01 with PXE enabled on DP and

Secondary server: SCLON01 again with PXE enabled.

When I boot a machine I just get

Windows Boot Manager screen.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have tried a few things but not sure that I did any of them correctly, as nothing has made any difference, so I am prepared to do it all again under guidance.

Help

I found that I needed to update the distribution points with the newly upgrade boot images (they are upgraded to Winpe4.0 as part of the SP1 install), after this they started working. The error you are seeing is usually due to corruption of the boot images or that they do not exist where they need to exist.

I found that I needed to update the distribution points with the newly upgrade boot images (they are upgraded to Winpe4.0 as part of the SP1 install), after this they started working. The error you are seeing is usually due to corruption of the boot images or that they do not exist where they need to exist.

How did you recreate the images?

I have removed them from the distribution points and then recreated the images using the Deployment Tools Command Prompt COPYPE.CMD to a folder c:\new_imagex86. Then I copied the WINPE.WIM file here into the OSD\BOOT\i386 folder and attempted to import it into CMC but all I get is a message about "You can only add finalised images!"