psmiddleton

The Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry (0xC0000098)

I am trying to deploy an OSD task sequence using PXE boot and I am getting the following error:
The Windows boot configuration data file (BCD) from the PXE server does not contain a valid OS entry (0xC0000098)
I have update the x86 and x64 boot images on the distribution points and PXE is enabled

I am getting a pxe boot aborted prior to this.

that error is what the client is generating because it's booted to your hard disc and theres no boot files on the hdd probably due to a previously failed deployment,

are you saying that you get AbortPXE errors just prior to this ? if so have you tried deleting the Unknown computer object in configuration manager and pxe boot again ?

Hi

these machines have blank disk's and are not know to SCCM, Bare Metal.

When i press F12 the PC enters PXE and then the SCCM FQDN is shown and i am prompted to press F12 again for anetwork boot

I then get the PXE Adorted

Then a blue screen with the error message on

ok then if they are unknown and you get pxe aborted then are you sure you've deployed a task sequence to the unknown computers or not ?

I tried to crate a new MDT boot image and it failed with the following error:

Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.
Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file
Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException: The SMS Provider reported an error. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.Put(ReportProgress progressReport)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.Put(ReportProgress progressReport)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.Put()
at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data)