brink668

ADR not Creating: Deployment Packages

Question

I edited my ADR after creating it, and it stopped creating the Deployment Package.

I had to delete my ADR and create a new one from scratch to make it work again.

How do you do the following:

• Edit the location of downloads of the ADR for the Package, I can't find this location for the ADR after I create it.
  • If someone deletes the source folder for the Package is there anyway to re-create it without having to re-make the entire ADR rule?
  • When creating the ADR Rule I can see this section below can I get to this section after I am finished making the ADR?ov2urn7.png
  • My ADR Rule says: ADR 0x80004005 Unspecified Error

My Log says:

Content download failed.
Source: SMS Rule Engine.
If I remake the rule it works fine... but why do I have to do this...

2 answers to this question

1. Out-of-the-box, you can't change the Package that is configured in the ADR. As I thought that was a bit silly, I figured out how it can be done. Via PowerShell and WMI! Take a look here for more information: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/changing-the-deployment-package-linked-to-an-automatic-deployment-rule-in-configmgr-2012/

2. Re-create the folder and let the ADR re-run, so it downloads the updates again.

3. The Deployment Packages can be found here: \Software Library\Overview\Software Updates\Deployment Packages