brink668

Force Computers to Restart after Install Software Updates

I feel like I keep posting questions. I tried to do a search on this but everything was bringing me to the exact opposite of what I am trying to do.

It seems that even though I have maintenance window set for 18 hours on a collection every day for my testing. The machines install the updates but the user's are prompted to restart instead of just restarting the computers.

I can't seem to figure out how to force the computers to restart, RESTART Suppression is only set for servers.

SOLVED.

The problem is 2 things need to be set correctly.

ADR Rule Deployment's User Experience must be set to the following to force Restart/Software Installation even with a maintenance window

• Software Installation (CHECKED)
  • Suppress Software Restart on Workstations (UNCHECKED)

When deploying the software group you essentially have to check the same fields otherwise it may not work. I cant seem to figure out why you have to do this twice it seems like wasted work to have to perform this step twice for an Automatic Deployment Rules.