Kevin79

Applications not showing up in Software Center

Question

I created new packages for updating Java and Flash player. Not sure that is matters but both programs use .cmd files for the install.I deployed them to a test group with the deployment being required, install every 8 hours starting at 4:04PM on 5/13/2013 (with Always rerun the program) and to "Allow users to run the program independently of assignments". The problem is that it never installs and if I look in Software Center, I don't see the programs listed. Does anyone know why they wouldn't be showing up?

7 answers to this question

I looked in the execmgr,log file and found the problem. I fixed it and it seems to be working now, thanks.

For reference, it has to do with my distribution running from a mapped drive and then having it download the content on slow links.

Software Distribution site settings (CCM_SoftwareDistributionClientConfig) policy does not yet exist on the client.

If the client is not yet registered, this is expected behavior.

Not sure if this is a red herring, as a couple of applications have detected that they are not needed after this error

I've hit this wall. I'm able to run the task sequence successfully on a machine, but I'm receiving error "Software Distribution site settings (CCM_SoftwareDistributionClientConfig) policy does not yet exist on the client.

If the client is not yet registered, this is expected behavior." on another machine. I've deleted record in SCCM and computer object in Active directory and re-imaged the machine; i'm still receiving the error above. The record in SCCM looks fine. This is aggravating how inconsistent SCCM is; boooooo!!!!!.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sunshine