TheHasselhoff

SCCM 2012 - use the MDT 2012 SQL database?

Hello all! Absolutely love this forum, the information is incredible! I have a question that I haven't found the answer to yet (and I haven't tried to jump into it myself yet).

My current setup has SCCM2012 SP1 completely configured and working on the network. We also have MDT2012 SP1 fully operational on its own - this is where we have been (until SCCM was working) imaging all of our computers.

Our MDT setup uses an SQL database. Basically, all the database stores is:

- MAC address

- Computer AD name

- OU

So, MDT looks at the MAC - and if it's in the database, it knows what name and OU to use. It allows my field analysts to simply put in a thumbdrive, boot from it, and walk away until it's done.

I've done the SCCM/MDT merge, and all seems well - templates are available, etc.

Since there are hundreds of entries in there now - and I'd like to have SCCM use MDT templates for OSD task sequences - can SCCM reference that same SQL database, in the same manner? If not, can I set up a separate SQL database to do this, and perhaps mass-import the data?

Thank you very much!