The Last Remnant

client isnt installing

Question

hi folks

to be honest im trying the best to avoid this problem but with no luck :(

i worked based on anyweb topics in installing SCCM 2007 , i did all the configurations based on the 3 parts he explained in the section setup sccm 2007 , now im in a process of installing the sccm client on an xp computer using push installation but its not installing

i tried to check if there are any icons created in contol panel on the client side but nothing is there , ichecked if there is any folder to fetch the logs on the client side under C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccmsetup but there isnt any folder created !!!

i checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\ccm.log on the sccm server and this is what i found : ( attached )

how can i successfully push to all my clients the sccm agent as we have here over 2000 clients :) and ofcourse i cant do that manually

any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

ccm.log

update : i can install it manually butits not showing from sccm server side that the client has the installation ( does it take alot of time t reflect the update ??? )

and of course i cant install it using push installation

im using enterprise admin account for all the permissions needed to be specified as im using sccm in a test environment so far before i go to the deployment network

thanks

PS : anyweb your tutorials are just awesome :D

edit: is that why YOU and your friends ripped them all off and placed them on certcollection.org??

update : the client appeared in the config console after doing a manual restart for the client ( is that necessary ? how can i fasten the issue ) but even if installed the client manually its showing not approved why ? how to auto approve it although i configured that in the site settings :(

so i have 2 probs now :

1) how to make the push installation work smoothly

2) how to auto approve those clients !

thanks

Hmm, well that is strange. Have you updated the collection you're looking in?

I suspect that you not fallowed anywebs instructions properly, you might have missed something, please go through the instructions again to verify that everything is correct cuz it should work with anywebs instruktions. Or else, i still suspect connection problems. Are you using any firewall on the client side?

If we should be able to help you, we need some more information about your environment.

/Tobias

if the clients are XP then they'll need BITS installed first and most likely a reboot before the client can get installed...

that might explain what you are seeing... what version of XP is it ?

you could try pushing the client out using Software Update Point

see here for details of that

tell me what info u want and i can provide it for u :)

firewall is disabled , im currently not at the office but once im there i can pull u moe info if u like just to avoid this prob as all the other features are working smoothly but the push installation itself cant be done in an automated way so far :(