The Last Remnant

client isnt installing

Question

hi folks

to be honest im trying the best to avoid this problem but with no luck :(

i worked based on anyweb topics in installing SCCM 2007 , i did all the configurations based on the 3 parts he explained in the section setup sccm 2007 , now im in a process of installing the sccm client on an xp computer using push installation but its not installing

i tried to check if there are any icons created in contol panel on the client side but nothing is there , ichecked if there is any folder to fetch the logs on the client side under C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccmsetup but there isnt any folder created !!!

i checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\ccm.log on the sccm server and this is what i found : ( attached )

how can i successfully push to all my clients the sccm agent as we have here over 2000 clients :) and ofcourse i cant do that manually

any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

ccm.log

when troubleshooting this i normally open task manager on the client i'm installing on... then watch the processes and as soon as i initiate the install you should see ccmsetup.exe start up on the client (nearly sure thats the file name but not on the server/client now so can't verify)

can you verify that you are seeing this please ?

is the client in the boundary you defined in ConfigMgr

for the 1st question

1) i checked the process and nth appears at all as i didnt even initiate the instalation of the client

2) yes its included in the boundry that i create based on IP , do you want me to create it based on sites ?

donno i gave up :D

try setting the boundary the same way as I have done in the guides, point it to your AD

does that help ?

ill give a try in a couple of days as i have a plane to catch :)

ill update the situation soon

thanks for your help in advance

PS : this site is awesome !! keep the great job dude

Dear Friends,

Am also facing same Problem but these all steps i followed still i unable to push

my issue is i can able to push server shows its assigned YES but Client NO

Please Help Me'

RAS F1

I'm kind of on the same boat except that a quarter of the desktops on "All Windows Workstations or Professional Systems" (note: staff workstations are a mixture of WinXP SP3, and Vista SP1) have the client installed. But for the most part it doesn't. I also noticed that those staff workstations are not "Approved". What I don't get is that they're are on the same boundaries, setup via IP subnet because we're on an OU.

I've tried to install the client via ConfigMgr Console to a Vista workstation and checked the task manager to see if the CCMSETUP launches - no-go.

Help please... :(