The Last Remnant

client isnt installing

Question

hi folks

to be honest im trying the best to avoid this problem but with no luck :(

i worked based on anyweb topics in installing SCCM 2007 , i did all the configurations based on the 3 parts he explained in the section setup sccm 2007 , now im in a process of installing the sccm client on an xp computer using push installation but its not installing

i tried to check if there are any icons created in contol panel on the client side but nothing is there , ichecked if there is any folder to fetch the logs on the client side under C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccmsetup but there isnt any folder created !!!

i checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\ccm.log on the sccm server and this is what i found : ( attached )

how can i successfully push to all my clients the sccm agent as we have here over 2000 clients :) and ofcourse i cant do that manually

any help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

ccm.log

if the smsadmin user account you mention here has domain admin permissions (which you should only do in a lab environment) then that user will automatically have local administrative permissions on any computer joined to the domain,

if the smsadmin user account you mention here has domain admin permissions (which you should only do in a lab environment) then that user will automatically have local administrative permissions on any computer joined to the domain,

Hi,

How can I check the permissions of SMSadmin?

I did like this. From Active Directory Users and Computers, I selected the SMSadmin user and brought up the MemberOf tab in Properties window. Here it says "Domain Users" "FQDN/Users". Do I need to add anything for SMSadmin user?

Thanks

I am also having a similar problem. SCCM is working properly for a few weeks. All clients were XP.

Now I added a few Windows 7 machines to the domain. No matter how long I wait, the SCCM client does not get installed on the Win 7 machines. Win 7 machines are also the part of the domain. SCCM also sees them.........I mean they are visible in the collections. They are visible in both [Application deployment >> Standard Apps] and All systems.

Is there a setting I need to enable for client push to Win 7??

SCCM has SP2 and R2. So that is not missing. I do see Win 7 as an option when I create software packages.