Yes the client is appeared there. But how do I make sure that client is installed as CCM client? I did not see anything about CCM on my client.

Thanks

Could someone help me here. I could see the client in "All Systems Collection" but client did not get installed with CCM client.

Let me add my steps here how I added the client.

On client: My Computer > Properties > Change > Enter the Domain name, which asked me permission credentials and then I entered SCCM server AD Domain Controller credentials like <Domain>\Administrator and Password. Then client is added into that domain and asked me to restart the client. I completed the restart. Then I verified SCCM All systems collections which shows this client. Now I am stopped because I did not see any CCM client ICON on client's control panel.

Thanks

in the SCCM All Systems collection, right click the CLIENT and choose Install Client, select all the checkboxes and click next

the sccm client should now install on the client computer, refresh it after 10 minutes in the collection (right click on the all systems collection, choose update collection membership) then refresh in the collection, does the client say Client=Yes now ?

So, i disabled the firewall on a few windows Vista's and XP's - the client installed later onto the day. But, I'm still wondering why some of the XP clients that had the Windows Firewall up still got the client installed. I'd like to the have the Windows Firewall enabled if I can. Is there anything in particular that i need to make as an exception?

Thanks

i do believe the last post in my setup sccm2007 guide covers this in detail.

cheers

in the SCCM All Systems collection, right click the CLIENT and choose Install Client, select all the checkboxes and click next

the sccm client should now install on the client computer, refresh it after 10 minutes in the collection (right click on the all systems collection, choose update collection membership) then refresh in the collection, does the client say Client=Yes now ?

I tried this and found the clients still did not get installed. I am not sure what is happening here. Could someone let me know.

Thanks

what domain account have you configured as the Client Push Installation Account =?

this user must have local administrative access to the computer that you are trying to install the client on

hi,

Client Push Installation Properties Acconts Tab shows " Domain\SMSadmin".

the client has access like this "Domain\Administrator".

Please let me know if this is wrong?

Thanks

if the smsadmin user account you mention here has domain admin permissions (which you should only do in a lab environment) then that user will automatically have local administrative permissions on any computer joined to the domain,

i do believe the last post in my setup sccm2007 guide covers this in detail.

cheers

I did go through the firewall settings. But let me go through it again - maybe a second look may help.

if the smsadmin user account you mention here has domain admin permissions (which you should only do in a lab environment) then that user will automatically have local administrative permissions on any computer joined to the domain,

Hi,

How can I check the permissions of SMSadmin?

I did like this. From Active Directory Users and Computers, I selected the SMSadmin user and brought up the MemberOf tab in Properties window. Here it says "Domain Users" "FQDN/Users". Do I need to add anything for SMSadmin user?

Thanks

what Active Directory Security Groups is your SMSAdmin user a Member of ?

nope, click on the Member Of tab to find out what Active Directory Security Groups the user is a member of

nope, click on the Member Of tab to find out what Active Directory Security Groups the user is a member of

Select the Member of Tab and add Domain Admins.

I am also having a similar problem. SCCM is working properly for a few weeks. All clients were XP.

Now I added a few Windows 7 machines to the domain. No matter how long I wait, the SCCM client does not get installed on the Win 7 machines. Win 7 machines are also the part of the domain. SCCM also sees them.........I mean they are visible in the collections. They are visible in both [Application deployment >> Standard Apps] and All systems.

Is there a setting I need to enable for client push to Win 7??

SCCM has SP2 and R2. So that is not missing. I do see Win 7 as an option when I create software packages.

did you update your sccm configmgr client to the sp2 version ?

ummm....maybe not.

How do you do that?

While installing SP2 is there an option to select?

did you update your sccm configmgr client to the sp2 version ?

no in the upgrade it doesnt do it for you, you have to do it manually after the event

here's how

oh great!

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try it out and report back.

Thanks ! Your site and articles are a lifesaver!

no in the upgrade it doesnt do it for you, you have to do it manually after the event

here's how

Thanks ! Your site and articles are a lifesaver!

thanks, spread the word !

[update: I solved my issue, added resolution into the other {instruction}thread.]

I tried this procedure but ran into some trouble.

The client is not upgraded. It still shows the old version - 6221.

ccmsetup.exe runs on the client machine. It runs for a long time....like 15 minutes and then disappears. I looked into all ...CCM\logs but could not find any reference. There is something in mtrmgr.log but nothing interesting.

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

here's how