heungwing

can i use x86 sccm to deply x64 vista

Question

5 answers to this question

there is only one computer name. :( i want to learn how to deploy os :o :o , but that show smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com(include deploy vista and xp). i am using hyper v to create a x86 server2008+sccm and client pc for test. the pc client bios show the architecture is x64, that mean need to use x64 boot image,right????thank you for your help~

osd.jpg

there is only one computer name. :( i want to learn how to deploy os :o :o , but that show smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com(include deploy vista and xp). i am using hyper v to create a x86 server2008+sccm and client pc for test. the pc client bios show the architecture is x64, that mean need to use x64 boot image,right????thank you for your help~

osd.jpg

Take the X64 boot image and import your x64 network driver for that particular pc where you want to install the OS.

Update the DP of the x64 boot image.

Try again and see if that works.

You can do it with X86 boot image with a X86 network driver but you'll have to import the right X64 drivers in your task sequence otherwise it won't boot anymore after it applied the OS with a x86 network driver.

Enable command prompt support in your bootimages. When the task sequence begins you can press F8 and try ipconfig to see if your test pc gets an IP.

(before you begin clear last PXE advertisement in the collection of your test pc)

ps: did you import new computer association with the correct mac adress and bios guid?

If this pc already is in your main collection then delete it and add a new computer association because otherwise it would conflict. (2 pc in the collection with the same mac and bios guid in sccm wil conflict with your pxe boot)