pbalderos

How can I resolve this fatal error at the end of setup

Hello,

I just rebuilt my sccm 2012 and I am receiving the following two errors at the end of setup.

The errors below were pulled from this log at the end of set up ConfigMgrSetup.log

Error 1

ERROR: Failed to copy E:\CUSTOMIZATIONS\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SYSTEMS CENTER\CONFIGURATION MANAGER\2012\SMSSETUP\OSD\bin\x64\TsResNlc.dll to c:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\osd\bin\x64\tsresnlc.dll, Win32 error = 2

Error 2

ERROR: Failed to copy E:\CUSTOMIZATIONS\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SYSTEMS CENTER\CONFIGURATION MANAGER\2012\SMSSETUP\OSD\bin\x64\TsResNlc.dll to c:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\osd\bin\x64\tsresnlc.dll.

post-17849-0-45153100-1370821032_thumb.png

Simple Fix , since you have reinstalled Sccm 2012, your sccm windows folders dont have the correct permissions. You can either delete them and reload sccm, or look at the permission on all your sccm folders and add the appropriate permissions. Start by adding authenticed users to the folders in question. This will effect the normally shared folders , that are shared out including the sms_site code shared folder and the inbox for clients to get the ddr record from the sever so the client can be managed.

I had this exact issue.