straytoasters

Identical TS works as a stand alone task but not as part of OSD

I have a small .bat that I want to copy to a pre-existing folder on the clients. If I do a simple OSD and let SCCM finish then run the copy TS it works exactly like it is suppose to. If I add the exact same TS (I litterally copied and pasted it from the stand alone TS to a TS of the OSD) to the OSD the OSD doesent fail but the file does not get copied. The copy is being done with a "run command line" action in the TS. I get why SCCM doesent consider this a fail (it DOES run the run command line (xcopy file.bat client_folder)), the fact that it doesent register as a fail is fine. In the log though what I see is that when the run line executes it generates a "file not found".

Again this is litterally the exact same TS. In the log for the stand alone TS there is a line like working directory = \\remote SCCM location\packgeID, then a couple of lines later the working directory changes to the local location where the file has been copied (common location like C_SMSTaskSequence\packageID), but if the TS is ran as part of the OSD the working directory never changes to the local location.

Okay, I get that this is likley a contex thing (...or maybe not), but I'm not sure what the magic solution is. Help???

Straytoasters