Morpheus

SW Center Error

Hello,

I've a very strange error. My software center works sometimes well and just after a reboot I get this error. Maybe a day after it works again.

Deploying the Client via OSD don't work too. But if I install the Client manually via execute the .msi file everything works fine.

Have already tried to execute ccmEval.

I can't figure out whats wrong.

Here the error screen and below an approximate translation:

33874,swcentererrorCYCZY.png

Problems with the display of the current status.

The current status can not be retrieved for all software elements. All elements with available statuses are listed in the Software Center. To update the display, press F5. If the problem persists, contact your helpdesk.

Error loading from Software Center. Returned Error Code: 0x80041001 (-2147217407).

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards

Hi There,

Found a couple of things for you, that can try (if you haven't already).

First one I would try is:

(Assuming you have installed .net 4)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2015129

Next, maybe try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2692929

Although this last one is related to XP, it might be worth a try if neither of the others help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2713471

Let us know how you get on :)

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your help.

First one I would try is:

(Assuming you have installed .net 4)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2015129

I thought .net 4 gets installed with the SCCM Client. But also after install and restart I get the same error message.

I also tried this

aspnet_regiis.exe /iru

This Hotfix is for 32bit. The Problem exist on a 64bit machine. I don't now if this error also exist on a 32bit machine. I can't find this hotfix for 64bit.

Although this last one is related to XP, it might be worth a try if neither of the others help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2713471

Resolution

Terminal Services must be enabled and the service started. Once that is done the Software Center will function on the Windows XP client as expected.

What do they mean with "Terminal Services"?

I think the problem is that the client does not find the server.
I tried to add the server additionally in the tasksequence. But no goal.

33882,tasksequence87JDE.png

Regards

Have you checked your client device settings?

The ones where you have set "Computer Agent", is it set in there to use the correct server?

Yes it's set to the FQDN of my Server

Do I really need to install the client on the golden image. Maybe it's a problem to install twice the client.

I read somewhere that i've to create a new Package of the client instead of the client which exist on default in the Package location. Is that true?

Do you have more ideas?

I see the problem. But i don't now how to fix it. The Configuration Client haven't the setting which it needs.

This is how the settings of the client look after OS Deploying:

33885,unbenanntSZLWI.png

This is how it looks, when I install the client manually via msi-installer.

33886,19067WBWG.png

Why are the settings not transfered when i install the client as a part of the OS Tasksequence?

I presume you are talking about when you create a Task Sequence to deploy an image? (I'm not making fun of your English, just trying to clarify, other wise you won't get the correct information).

When I create my Task Sequence, I included the Configuration Manager Package, as you have done I assume.

I would possible recreate the Task Sequence, following THIS guide, paying special attention to Step 8. Where he mentions:

for the Install Configuration Manager step select the built in Configuration Manager client package, for installation properties fill in the FQDN of our primary site so that it knows where the Management Point is if you want to install applications or windows updates.
SMSMP=P01.server2008r2.lab.local

Tip: you could create a Configuration Manager Client Package from Defintion if you want to have control over the abilit to access this content directly from a distribution point. The built in package does not give you this flexibility as all options are greyed out.

post-1-0-26241600-1347224583.png

OBVIOUSLY CHANGING IT TO YOUR SERVER, NOT ANYWEB'S LOL

Let us know if that maybe fixes it?

It shouldn't take you long to recreate, but obviously re-imaging might take a little time, hope this might help!!

And please, if anyone KNOWS I'm wrong, or the actual reason, please step in and correct me, I don't want to be making him do things for no reason. :)

Phil

I have a somewhat similar problem to this one. Except mine is giving an error code 0x87D00244 (-2016411068). I'm getting this when I advertise an application deployment to my target machine and I go into my Software Center on my target machine.

Any ideas???