silverhand

Running SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012 in same AD

Dear guys,

I am trying SCCM 2012 today, after following the guide from Anyweb, it was amazing, :D

Just a silly question, I am currently running SCCM 2007, this setup for SCCM 2012 is just for my lab to try it, before I replace 2007 with 2012. But people said that I should not install SCCM 2012 along with SCCM 2007 which is currently running due to boundaries overlap. I am so confused about this point. Do I need to shutdown SCCM 2007 server and run SCCM 2012 for my lab? It would be a great help if you guys can help me clear this point.

Be honest, I do not want to "play" hard with my SCCM 2007, I spent a lot of time to fix it all the time. So please go easy on me, if I did asking something really silly. Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers,

:D

They can run perfectly fine next to each other. Just make sure that the boundaries for (auto) assignment do not overlap, as that's the part that causes all the problems. Something that can stop the most problems is to not let your 2007 site sign in the ad, then there is no automatic way that your clients find that site (unless manually specified during the client install).

Thank Peter,

Sorry for my late reply.

If you do not mind, could you please correct me following this deployment?

Currently, we are running Curriculum network with IP address range as: 10.112.1.10 - 10.112.203.254, this is also our SCCM 2007 boundaries configuration. So, is it true that to avoid boundaries overlap, I just change the SCCm 2007 boundary to something, such as: 10.112.204.0 - 10.112.204.1. And then, I use the old boundaries as mentioned above for SCCM 2012. If so, do I need to stop WDS or anything before changing SCCm 2007 boundary? I know it is such a silly question, but serious, it make me learning a lot. Cheers.

Thank you in advance for your help.