Chadddada

Install SCCM Client with SCEP when Forefront EP 2010 is installed

Hello,

I have been installing Config manager clients on servers I want to manage. These servers already had Forefront 2010 installed and being managed by the FEP server. When I log into a server I see that FEP 2010 is still listed under programs as well as the ConfigManger stuff. Is the FEP 2010 supposed to be manually removed or is this supposed to be automatically overwritten / uninstalled when I elect to use SCEP?

Please let me know if you need more information.

It should automatically remove the old FEP AV and then install the SCEP client. You have configured your policy to remove old AVs' before installing SCEP?

It will not be able to automatically remove some AVs' but considering it's a Microsoft one....well it should, this is from my own experiences!

Yes, I have the client settings configured to remove previously installed AV. Looking at one of the managed servers now, I see 'Microsoft Forefront Server Protection' listed under programs as well as 'System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection'.

I should see "Microsoft Forefront Server Protection" disappear after SCEP installs, right? After AV is being managed by SCCM?