Tom5674

Advertisement fails

Question

Messages are Program received and then Failed (bad environment). Example is installing Excel viewer from a network server, with out user intervention. The Exemgr.log shows that it can't find the xviewer.msi, the advert has the complete path to the folder on the network.

3 answers to this question

Can´t fully understand how you mean. but if ou get a (bad environment) failure when trying to distrubute a prgm i would suggest to look a the below tab on your program:

post-2500-1240824334_thumb.jpg

if this dosent solve the problem please attach your execmgr.log and the cas.log from the computer who is having problems.

Can´t fully understand how you mean. but if ou get a (bad environment) failure when trying to distrubute a prgm i would suggest to look a the below tab on your program:

post-2500-1240824334_thumb.jpg

if this dosent solve the problem please attach your execmgr.log and the cas.log from the computer who is having problems.

Computers are XP SP3. I have selected the correct platform and choose 20M. I have attached the log from one of the computers.

I think I may have an issue with rights somewhere. I do see the program attempts to start and then fails. (Failed with error code 0x00000005)

execmgr.log

GetFileVersionInfoSize failed for file C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\Cache\FM100008.2.System\excel\XLVIEW.MSI, error 1812

select that the program can be installed on any platform and erase you values regarding the file size to see if there is any diffrence.

Error 1812 is: The specified image file did not contain a resource section.

Unable to locate or validate MSI package excel\XLVIEW.MSI

Invalid data file excel\XLVIEW.MSI to execute using file association

it seems that you have the wrong path to the installation file or the installation file is damaged.

error code 0x00000005 is: Access denied but i cant see that in u'r logfile.

/Tobie