anyweb

How can I install System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

I tried to upgrade my SCCM 2012 SP1 CU3 to R2. The Installation went more or less fine. But it tells me that it is already finished. But not all Jobs are marked as done. Why that?

New SCCM Console opens fine. Boot Images have the right version also Buildnummer is fine.

I'm not sure now. It looks like the installation has finshed, but not at all...

47163,sccmupgrader2TGD47.png

i keep getting this error message in my event viewer

i cant seem to to find the solution

smsserver
event id 1016

On 01/14/14 08:02:52, component SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER on computer SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM reported: Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the installation in minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the installation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.

PREVIOUS STATUS MESSAGE
EVENTID 10001
RESTARTMANAGER

Ending session 0 started ?2014?-?01?-?14T13:02:36.786398600Z.

PREVIOUS STATUS MESSAGE
MSIINSTALLER
Ending a Windows Installer transaction: e:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\bgbisapi.msi. Client Process Id: 4848.

Hi,

I've finally managed to get with the R2 programme and went for the upgrade yesterday. All seemed to go OK although I did have the same scenario as Morpheus above with some tasks still not in a completed state. Then, on closer inspection a few installs had failed, most notable the mp.msi for installing the Management Point. So, I'm now left with no MP. If I remove and re-add, I get the same failure. The problem seems to be highlighted in the msi install log as:

MSI (s) (34:90) [11:46:42:406]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI3A20.tmp, Entrypoint: CcmCreateIISVirtualDirectories
[11:46:42] Acquired registry mutex.
[11:46:42] Port settings have changed - processing port information.
[11:46:42] Processing Port List of WebSite [IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC/1]
[11:46:42] Retrieved SSLCertHash from WebSite [IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC/1]
[11:46:42] ERROR: Failed to configure sms ports '0x800700b7'.
[11:46:42] ERROR: Failed to process port information.
[11:46:42] @@ERR:25011
MSI (s) (34!7C) [11:46:42:828]: Product: ConfigMgr Management Point -- Error 25011. Setup was unable to process the IIS port settings for SMS
The error code is 800700B7
Error 25011. Setup was unable to process the IIS port settings for SMS
The error code is 800700B7
CustomAction CcmCreateIISVirtualDirectories returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

So, setup was unable to process the IIS port settings. Anybody got any ideas what this is all about?? The SCCM 2012 SP1 install was working just fine before it was upgraded, so I'm a bit baffled. Everything else seems to be fine - it's just the MP install that's bombing. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Keeop

As a follow up, I think I might have an idea what's going on, thanks to the line from the above log:

I had to renew my IIS certificates recently so the original SCCM 2012 install would have been in the context of the old certificates, whereas the R2 upgrade would see the new ones. Looking at the 'SSLCertHash' property above, I'm guessing that SCCM stores the certificate hashes somewhere and maybe is bombing because these values have changed? Is that feasible? If so, anyone know a way around this or where these hashes maybe stored in relation to SCCM? The only other thing I'm thinking is switching to using a 'Custom Web Site' and that way forcing everything to reinstall all the web components. If this works I should be able to revert back to using the 'Default' web site. However, there's also the possibility of borking more components this way if none of the others like the certificates thing. But, I would have assumed they would have bombed out during the upgrade like the MP did.

Cheers.

Keeop

OK, now getting this:

[13:57:12] ERROR: Failed to acquire the port lock '0x80070005'.

.....instead of these lines from above:

[11:46:42] Acquired registry mutex.
[11:46:42] Port settings have changed - processing port information.
[11:46:42] Processing Port List of WebSite [IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC/1]

All I did was change some permission on the SMS\IIS reg key to add in the machine same with full control. However, after I removed the permission changes, still getting the new, different error. Th error code now indicates some form of permission/access problem. Progress?! Still stuck.............

Cheers.

Keeop

Right, so it's the custom action within the MP.msi - CcmCreateIISVirtualDirectories - that's throwing up the error. Now, unfortunately it's a .dll that contains this action so I can' see exactly what it's doing. I can take the action out and then the process does complete. Of course, I am missing the IIS virtual directories and possibly other important stuff. The process then goes on to fail on the BGBIsapi install part - doh! More investigation is required..........

Oh, there was also one WMI error generated on the MP install:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WHERE TargetInstance ISA "ccm_siteassignment"" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./ROOT/CCM/Policy/Machine" because of error 0x80041010. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Is this giving anyone else any thoughts?? Would be most appreciated!

Cheers.

Keeop

OK, setting this to use a 'Custom Website' has resolved the issue. Basically....

• Created the new web site - which must be named SMSWEB. Doesn't really matter what physical path this points to as nothing will be stored there - it's all virtual directories
  • Created two custom ports for HTTP and HTTPS
  • Changed the Site properties to use these custom ports as default and removed the standard ones
  • Set the Site properties to use the Custom Website (check the box)
  • Kicked off a Site Reset

So far, all looks OK and healthy although coincidentally, I'm battling with a severe lack of disk space/pagefile issues which isn't helping matters! Once I've managed to free up a decent amount of disk space I'll have a proper play so make sure everything is as it should be. Plus, I'm not 100% if I need to change these custom ports anywhere else, like maybe in the client settings? Better take a look........

Cheers.

Keeop

We are currently running on SCCM 2007 and will be moving to SCCM 2012. However we are not going to bring anything over we are going to start from scratch. My main question is if we don't bring anything over and we have SCCM 2012 re-discover all of the collections will we cause any kind of damage? We don't want to have machines start imaging out of nowhere because it thinks it needs some software that it already has installed?

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Luis D.