Stian M.

Clean 'All computers' collection of old, inactive computers

Hi!

I ran a AD System Discovery when I first set up SCCM 2012, and all the computer accounts in AD has been listed in the 'All Systems' collection as intended.

The only issue here is, almost 2000 of these computer objects are objects that hasn't been active or been in contact with a Domain Controller for the last 180 days. Yesterday, I started a cleaning process in AD, so the old computer objects in AD has now been disabled.

Is there any possibility for me to clean the 'All Computers' collection and get rid of the disabled computer objects?

Any help is highly appreciated :-)

Brgds.

Stian M.

Hm, I configured the 'Delete obsolete client discovery data' to run after i wrote the last post. Didn't seem to work, still the same amount of clients in 'All Computers' collection, approx. 5200, should be around 3200 since I disabled around 2000 AD computer accounts.

Any ideas?

Not per say... Are that check can be added. It is loading the AD powershell module a you would just need to add another check to say if status disabled then remove from sccm. Now I am not sure maybe someone else or you already know the answer to this. The AD discovery, I would think that it would pull the account back into SCCM. I am not sure if there is a check on status on that.

• Like 1