anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager

I have a related question maybe you can help me with.

We deployed 2012 SCCM R2 and successfully deployed a 8.1 image. All was great and wonderful. We made some changes ot the base image and the task sequence and kicked off another PXE boot on the same box. It took the image went all the way through and when I logged on... no applications. I mean NONE. Nothing on the start screen, nothing when you searched. Incidentally, the machine logins with domain credentials as well.

I mucked around with the image, reverted back to one with no patches, no .NET 3.5. No good. Ok, back to the original OS image and task sequence. Same result.

This baffles me. We did make changes to the SCCM server (we WERE in the middle of migrating from SCCM 2007) but the Windows 7 SP1 images we are making still work fine and and deploy applications.

I'm going to pull a new OS image (in case it got corrupted somehow) and build a new task sequence but the originals are untouched (i made copy of the task sequence before I modified it and the image is till there untouched on the server) so I am quite confused about what could cause this.

Thanks for any help!

I've a similiar problem like above this post.

Installation of Windows 8.1 Pro works well. But Configuration Manager Client and the follwing software gets not installed. Domain integration worked well.

After Login the prepartion of Win8.1 goes on:

47772,024windows81propreviewtortmalmostr

How to integrate this step into the TaskSequence? I don't want that the users have to wait after TaskSequence has finished.

What are the problems of this two problems?

I have just followed this with great interest and have deployed it as your instructions.

However into the installation I get this error

and then when I click ok the PC reboots and then I get into a loop with this error

I was using the GB version of the preview file.

I'm running into the same issue as edie. The trick is, I'm not using an unattend.xml, just the task sequence. SMSTS.log isn't any help, either, since it ends showing no errors. I tried creating an unattend.xml and editing out the Windows Shell entry from the specialize pass, but the same error shows up. Any leads?

My OSD of windows 8.1 failed. But I can't seem to find out why. I have copied the smsts.log from the client after partitioning and copying files from X:\smstslog\smsts.log. Only thing that has an other colour (Yellow) in the log is "Client agent branding title is empty. Ignoring. TSPxe 5-3-2014 15:55:00 1248 (0x04E0)"

Further I can't see any errors.

smsts.log

I cant check that anymore since i have messed up the client.. But I now have removed Apply Data image from my task sequence, and now its a few steps further during the osd.

When I create a task sequence with my captured .wim file I get apply operating system and apply data image.

I also tried with install.wim from the dvd. When I create a task sequence with the install.wim there is no apply data image at all..

EDIT: the OSD is now finished and windows 8.1 is installed. What does the apply data image do or not do.. Apperently I dont need it? So why does it appear in my task sequence?

it all depends on the captured WIM File, if you don't need the apply data image step, don't use it, I don't use it for my production windows 8.x task sequences with only one index in the captured wim.