anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager

192.168.1.* is my primary site, site server and first DP

192.168.25.* is my second site system, DP

192.168.30.* is my third site system, DP

For testing purposes I have deleted all my boundries and boundry groups.

I created 1 new Boundry group: At references content location I chose the distribution point that resides inside the 192.168.1.* range

I created 1 new boundry: Type IP address range 192.168.1.20-192.168.1.250, add boundry groups I chose the just created groups.

When I boot a client that resides inside my boundry it still goes to my second DP instead of the first (the one it should be choosing)

What am I not doing right with boundries.

(I also think these question should not be in this post, srry for that)

I have SCCM 2012 R2. I have been deploying 8.1 to various Dell Latitudes 'in house' with success. I am now trying to deploy the SAME task sequences to a remote location using a distribution point. Boundaries/boundary groups are set up. The task sequence errors out almost immediately with 0x8022001B. The first step in the task sequence is to boot into Win PE, this is where it fails.This laptop (Dell E5430) is wired in on the network and I am able to access it with no issue. Keep in mind, I have used this task sequence successfully on multiple 5430s in house. Distribution points show OK status in SCCM.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

smsts.log

does it fail after the boot to WinPE or while still in windows ? if it's while in WinPE then have you verified that it actually has an ip address and can ping the fqdn of the management point in winpe ?

After I deployed windows 8.1 I always have exclamation marks at usb-controllers in Universal Serial Bus-controllers. The drivers are present on the machine. If I click on update driver, search my computer and then choose drivers from a list from my computer and choose the driver there it installs and works. But I assume this is something i shouldnt have to do. Is there something in the TS that i should do?

post-31474-0-59381000-1443723541.jpgGreat post.... I have a question though :)

I have created a custom task sequence for Win 8.1 Ent. x64 and created bootable media which I am using to image a VM in Hyper-V (See attached). The Install Windows 8.1 x64 task sequence installs and then just boots into the OS and doesn't even move on to the next series of task sequences??