Tom5674

Creating Image

Question

I am having trouble finding info on how to create an image file, using SCCM2007. I have a computer ready to be imaged. Has drivers, software etc. Can you help me find something? Most searches only talk about deploying not creating the image.

Thanks -TL

6 answers to this question

creating the image is another way of saying 'build and capture'

in your case, youve already built the image... so you need to CAPTURE it,

you can use WDS to capture it or create a new task sequence yourself which only CAPTURES the image

cheers

anyweb

creating the image is another way of saying 'build and capture'

in your case, youve already built the image... so you need to CAPTURE it,

you can use WDS to capture it or create a new task sequence yourself which only CAPTURES the image

cheers

anyweb

I guess I'm really missing the point here. How do I create the .WMI image from my configured computer? When I tried with SCCM and selected Capture it just asks where to put the image. Don't I need to run something on the configured computer, sysprep etc to upload this image?

you could capture the image using Windows Deployment Services by reading this post

once captured, you'll have to copy the install.wim file to your sccm server and create a new task sequence to deploy THAT image

cheers

anyweb

I have done all the steps up to when I start the target computer in PXE. It fails with PXE - E53 No Boot Filename received. On the SCCM server there is a service point message stating that it does not have a boot image matching the processor architecure of the OXE booting device. Target computer is a Dell GX620, 3.2Ghz 1mb, 80 hard drive.

PXE - E53 No Boot Filename received can mean a whole bunch of things, look at the Troubleshooting section for clues... here's a post to give you some ideas http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...2d-c91b5492ba7f