Mac

MS Office 2007 SP2 deployed through SCCM

Question

We have a Windows XP environment w/Office 2007 on the desktops. I want to push the Service Pack 2 for Office out through SCCM, but don't know how to get through the Eula agreement.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Try /q /noreboot

Normally this works, I just did it with the command line local on 1 computer :P

Running the .exe produces an exit code of 17022 back through the SCCM console, which leaves the install in an unknown state.

When extracting the .exe there are a handful of msp files. Doe each msp have to be manually run or does the mainwwsp2.msp call the others as needed? If each has to be run, is there an order dependancy?

Running the .exe produces an exit code of 17022 back through the SCCM console, which leaves the install in an unknown state.

When extracting the .exe there are a handful of msp files. Doe each msp have to be manually run or does the mainwwsp2.msp call the others as needed? If each has to be run, is there an order dependancy?

this is the only thing I found

http://systemmanagement.ro/blog/2009/05/08...configmgr-2007/

We have a Windows XP environment w/Office 2007 on the desktops. I want to push the Service Pack 2 for Office out through SCCM, but don't know how to get through the Eula agreement.

Please advise!

Thanks!

What exactly you want to do?

Update existing customers from Office 2007 SP1 to SP2 or you want new installations to have SP2 included?

For the first one, you can create an update package with the SP2 updates and send them out to all computers that do not have Office 2007 SP2 installed.

For the second, you can use the method described here http://systemmanagement.ro/blog/2009/05/08...configmgr-2007/

Regards,

Vit

What exactly you want to do?

Update existing customers from Office 2007 SP1 to SP2 or you want new installations to have SP2 included?

For the first one, you can create an update package with the SP2 updates and send them out to all computers that do not have Office 2007 SP2 installed.

For the second, you can use the method described here http://systemmanagement.ro/blog/2009/05/08...configmgr-2007/

Regards,

Vit

Can you explain how you would go about making an "Update Package"? Do you repackage all the MSPs? There are eight of them.

Can you just run them using MSIEXEC /passive and if so, should you do it in a certain order?

Or is there a switch to run the whole EXE file silently?

Can you explain how you would go about making an "Update Package"? Do you repackage all the MSPs? There are eight of them.

Can you just run them using MSIEXEC /passive and if so, should you do it in a certain order?

Or is there a switch to run the whole EXE file silently?

Yes you can run the exe with a switch.

T o see the switches type in cmd: "nameOfTheFile.exe" /?

But I think it can be installed with the following switch /quiet /nodialog /restart